Within the next 4 years of ORGANIKO project, we anticipate:
- A strategic national plan of mitigating climate change in agriculture through the advancement of organic farming and their products in the Cypriot economy.
- Climate mitigation performance indicators of reduced nitrous oxide and carbon dioxide emissions are expected to lower.
- Increase in agricultural land used for organic farming.
- Urinary pesticide concentrations in children fed with organic products will significantly decrease when compared with those average levels of children fed conventional diet.
- An increase in the number of Cypriots willing to spend a few euros more to buy organic products.
- An average increase of organic sector in the Cypriot market.
- The children’s health study will achieve synergies through its incorporation in 1 larger EU cohort study design and results (HELIX cohort).
- The number of farms adopting these OF protocols is expected also to increase when shared and replicated in Italy through our partner KC.
- A number of OF-related jobs attributed to OF is expected to gradually build up (farming, supply chain, logistics, etc.).